Saturday 11 July 2009

Moskva

Today at 5 am (GMT+3) I woke up in Russia in Smolensk. I couldn't wait to have a look at this stop; unfortunately I wasn't able yet to set foot on Russian soil. So after shooting a few pictures I went back to catch up on some sleep to wake up again an hour from Moskva. I greeted my Russian roomy and British-Chinese neighbors got my stuff together ready for Moscow.

The next issue was that I knew where to find my hostel, however I had forgotten to print the confirmation of my reservation. Solution; get there and hop into an internet cafe along the way. Question; How to get there with Cyrillic writing and an English map.. Answer; First I got the final metro stop translated, asked people how to get there by showing them the name in Cyrillic writing and than found myself walking in the area after jumping from Russian to Russian. Next stop an internet cafe, what does an Russian internet cafe look like.. Asking people made me walk into all kind of directions, so I asked someone to write down internet in Cyrillic writing and started looking for the word, internet cafe had been found. I got my confirmation printed and after a small search got there, it was hidden behind a bank. However, looking over one of the main streets, a nice place friendly people and still being decorated, I guess that's why it was the cheapest of them all and it was missing feedback by other travelers. Sometimes, one need to gamble.. Well we are in Russia, so I better make the best of my time here.

After some chilling and chatting with fellow travelers I went for a walk around the city center to visit the highlights and was stunned by the interior of one of the Cathedrals.

At the moment I am starting to feel a little thirsty so I guess I will have a look who else is hanging out around here..

Well that's all for now, I will try to keep you informed.

Cheers and see you around,

Michiel

2 comments:

  1. How did you send ur article on the website???
    ...
    well, i am glad you enjoying your trip... haha^^

    I will wait and see each other soon in Beijing ooo^^

    hug hug
    Angela Zhao

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we have internet for..

    I have a good internet connection in the hostel.
    At the moment I am trying to reach my former colleague to register myself in Moscow, because I'm staying here over 3 days.

    希望在北京见到你.

    Michiel

    ReplyDelete